3/10/2011

I know I'm lazy....

I've been pretty lazy in posting some news on here tha last week but I'll catch up!

Alright so on sunday we went to Warrenton,VA for the Dreaming of Spring Meet. The weather was horrible and Betti and I realized: being in the car at 730 in the morning, watching this heavy rain and listen to the most depressing music ever isn't a good start into a meet day. But whatever! After some really exhausting warm-up (actually I was thinking about going back to bed instead o swimming the meet :D) it got better.
Started out with the 50 Breaststroke which was - for the fact that I haven't practic breaststroke in a WHILE- actually okay. Followed by 200 Backstroke which really ROCKED! I never knew I could swim a 200 with almost the same splits on the 100s. The meet finished with a 100IM followed 5mins later by a 50 Backstroke.

50 Breaststroke         37.04 (qualified for Spring Nationals in Arizona)
200 Backstroke      2:31.49 (Meet Record & Qualified for AZ)
100 IM                   1:13.59
50 Backstroke           32.02 (Meet Record ; already qualified for AZ)

On Monday morning I went back to my French class after I kind of messed up the test last week. It was already and the teacher let us retake the test on Wednesday. (I got it back with a 88% on the first and a 94% on the second one) So French is actually going well. I sometimes mess it up with my Italian words that are slowly coming back to my mind and switch between languages when I try to built connections in grammar and sentence structure. So any way. After class I decided to swim a little bit at MC because I didn't really warm down on sunday and the fact that I planned on attending WARD practice that night made me feel like I have to loosen my muscles. So I swam a nice and easy 55mins at MC.

10*200 swim, kick, pull
4*50 built on 1:00
4*100 kick with fins on 1:30
300 warm-down

In the evening I swam with Marcs group again. I was sore but enjoyed it.

Warm-Up:
500 swim
200 kick
500 pull

Main set:
3* ( 6*75 on 1:25
       6*25 kick/swim sprint
       200 pull recovery          )
   1. IM Fly/Bk/Br
   2. Free
   3. IM Bk/Br/Free
Flip-turns

On Tuesday my car had to go to the VW shop to get fixed. The shop is close to Bethesda and the boys' school but unfortunately far away from the house. So I packed my bag, put the bike in the car and decided to spend the day somewhere around Bethesda. Unfortunately it was freezing that morning and after I biked 30mins over to Anjas place I was done with biking! (To be honest I still haven't picked up my bike yet :D) I gave her company while she had to run some errands and went to MC with her. After that she dropped me off at the library in Bethesda. I went to Chipotle to get myself some lunch. I have to agree that sitting there eating lunch by myself wasn't my favorite part of the day especially when you get one of these tables close to the door and everyone who comes in looks on your plate. After that I went to B&N to study some French which didn't work out that well because I met ebecca (from my cluster) there and we prefered talking instead of studying. Around 230pm I started walking over to WES to pick up Colin. It's a nice 1.5 mile walk but the fact that I had this heavy backpack didn't make the walk that much enjoyable.
After picking up Colin, then the car and later Lawrence we ust had a normal afternoon at home again and I went to AU practice that night.
I shared a lane with Andy who made me survive the main set of
10*200 IM/ Back on 3:30.

Yesterday I retook my French test and the result of 94% compared to 88% in the first test made my day. After class I just went back and had a pretty lazy day in all and caught up on some sleep.

Today I had a cluster meeting at Krispy Kreme. They just have the best donuts ever! After I ate 3 this morning I felt so bad so I decided to get a banana for lunch to catch up on fruits ;o)
Now I have the difficult question: WHAT DO I COOK FOR DINNER? Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Deep fried donuts for dinner. You should swim for the French National Team with your prowess in swimming and speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you!! Look at all those Q times!

    ReplyDelete