2/25/2011

Catch Up 2011 II: My first American Master Swim Meet

01/30/2011 Tropical Splash in Alexandria, VA

Today I had my first US swim meet in Alexandria. After a few month of regular practice my team mates motivated me to sign up for the meet. I wasn't sure if I could to well because up t know I haven't taken swim practice too serious. I just liked to work out after a long day but I didn't really think competitive. I signed up for 50 Butterfly, 50 Backstroke and 100 Backstroke.
The day before the meet I picked up my friend Betty (who lives like 25mins north of Bethesda). Wewent to practice and she stayed over at my place the night before the meet. We both were pretty excited about our first US swim meet. The warm-up started at 745am so we had to leave around 645 after a nice breakfast with cereal and bananas. The meet was a lot of fun. The races went pretty well and we also broke the meet record over the 200 Freestyle Relay Women 18-25 in 1:53.56.
I did a 0:31.07 on the 50 Backstroke and a 1:09.77 on the 100 Backstroke (both first place :) )
50 Fly sucked a little bit and Mario and Jose still like to make fun of that but still it was okay (0:32.40) for the beginning.
After the meet we drove back to DC, ordered pizza and hang out at Jasons'. While we were talking about how the meet went and how everyone was doing we realized that I had already qualified for the Spring Nationals in Arizona with my backstroke times. So Jason started to convince me to go to Arizona with the team in April. It got me really excited!


Oh and this is our world famous most awesome coconut relay team! Jose, Betti and me!
Coconut Relay: First person (me) swims and brings 1 coconut back
Second person (Betti) takes this coconut and comes back with a 2nd one
Third person (Jose) takes these 2 and comes back with a 3rd!

No comments:

Post a Comment